If you are interested in financial rental assistance, please call 2-1-1
NeighborWorks Alaska is providing this COVID-19 Resources page to provide our community with access to information that can assist during the COVID-19 pandemic. This page will be updated as much as possible, but note that this is not a conclusive list of available options.
New AHFC Rent Relief Program
Are you struggling with rent and utility payments? Alaska Housing Rent Relief provides up to 12 months of rent and/or utility relief to eligible Alaskans unable to pay rent and utilities due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
See more here — https://www.alaskahousingrelief.org/
Statewide COVID-19 Information
- State of Alaska COVID-19 Page: https://covid19.alaska.gov/
- Alaska Coronavirus Response Hub: https://coronavirus-response-alaska-dhss.hub.arcgis.com/
- Alaska Department of Health and Social Services: http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/Epi/id/Pages/COVID-19/default.aspx
Anchorage COVID-19 Information
The Municipality of Anchorage Coronavirus Response website: details information on COVID-19 signs and symptoms, the muni’s current cases, emergency orders and more. www.muni.org/covid19
- Anchorage Local Resources: https://covid-response-moa-muniorg.hub.arcgis.com/pages/local-resources
- Financial Help: https://aedcweb.com/ertf/
- Includes resources for renters, businesses, and more.
- Rental assistance: 2-1-1 Call or email [email protected]
- Childcare: https://muniorg.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=6fed658a3fd641f2ae95038a595e4eaa
- Map of childcare providers across the municipality of Anchorage
- Food and Hot meals: https://muniorg.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=7c319003a7f043da9e37b38cf66e65e4
- Organizations providing food services include: Anchorage School District, Children’s Lunchbox, Food Pantries, Food Bank of Alaska, SNAP Program, WIC.
- Food Bank of Alaska: foodbankofalaska.org
- Services include mobile food pantry distributions, emergency distributions, SNAP benefits.
- Thanksgiving Blessing: November 23rd in Anchorage
- Testing sites: https://covid-response-moa-muniorg.hub.arcgis.com/pages/testing
- Find which COVID-19 testing sites locations and times.
- Mental Health: https://covid-response-moa-muniorg.hub.arcgis.com/pages/mental-health-resources
- Legal resources: alaska.freelegalanswers.org
- Apply for Unemployment: https://labor.alaska.gov/unemployment/
- SNAP Benefits application: http://dhss.alaska.gov/dpa/Pages/SNAP/default.aspx
- DMV Appointments: http://doa.alaska.gov/dmv/
- Alaska Court System: http://www.courts.alaska.gov/covid19/index.htm
- Public Assistance: http://dhss.alaska.gov/dpa/Pages/default.aspx
- Alaska Job Centers: https://jobs.alaska.gov/
- Back to School: http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/Epi/id/Pages/COVID-19/schoolyear.aspx
- Tips for talking to children about COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/talking-with-children.html
- Indoor Activities with kids: https://www.popsugar.com/family/indoor-home-activities-for-kids-47308072?utm_source=47736&utm_medium=ebayenterprise&utm_campaign=affiliate
- Center for Safe Alaskans: safealaskans.org
- Order reflective tape for safe walking in the dark: safealaskans.org/reflectivetape
- You can also schedule car seat check-ups by appointment, including discounted car seats or booster seats by donation
Anchorage Parks and Recreation: muni.org/parks
- Hosts a number of free events throughout Anchorage, including deep-sea light display at Russian Jack Springs Park, scavenger hunts, and more.
Anchorage Public Library: www.anchoragelibrary.org
- Though the libraries are closed, services include: curbside pick-up, personal librarian services, and “Youth Programs To Go!” for preschoolers to teens.
Story Works Alaska: www.storyworksak.org
- For teens and young adults, there are free, online workshops for college essay writing, youth-led conversations, and story circles.
Identity, Inc.: www.identityalaska.org
- For LGBTQ+ community, services include free, online gatherings for youth or adults.
Clubs: These organizations offer programs for youth of different ages
- Girl Scouts of Alaska: girlscoutsalaska.org
- Boy Scouts of Alaska: scoutingalaska.org
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Alaska: bgcalaska.org
- Campfire Alaska: campfireak.org
- Alaska Careline: Free, 24/7, confidential crisis line. Call 1-877-266-4357 (HELP) or text “4help” to 839863.
- UAA Psychological Services Center for FREE telehealth COVID-19 Coping Sessions for people struggling with sadness, loneliness, anxiety, trouble sleeping, lack of motivation, or other health issues. It’s a free, single-hour session with a mental health clinician via Zoom or phone. Call 907-786-1795 to set up a session.
- Optum Emotional Support Line: Call 24/7 for mental health experts, free and open to anyone: 866-342-6892
- Salvation Army emotional/spiritual support line (5am-5pm): 844-458-HOPE (4673)
- Locate Public Health Centers: http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/Nursing/Pages/locations.aspx