POSITION TITLE: Compliance Technician
SUPERVISOR: Compliance Manager; Deputy Director. Director of Housing
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
LOCATION: 2515 A Street, Anchorage
SCHEDULE: Full Time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm;
Assists the compliance manager to control the requirements of regulatory compliance for the bond, Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), and HUD assisted properties. Works as part of a team to process, manage and document compliance for the NeighborWorks Alaska housing portfolio.
- Enhances Multi-Family effectiveness by providing the necessary assistance, information and support to on-site managers and personnel in regards LIHTC, HUD and Bond regulatory
- Works as part of a team to manage day-to-day file responsibilities, customer service tasks, data entry tracking and application
- Reviews, screens and processes tenant applications for compliance with applicable regulations i.e.: LIHTC, HUD, Bond and Market
- Uses time wisely and When assigned work is completed, uses initiative to request additional work. Carries out verbal and written directions, applying organization’s policies and procedures.
- Recognizes and maintains confidentiality of work materials as
- Works independently in the absence of supervision and uses initiative and judgment in dealing with workflow and uncertain
- Organizes work by maintaining files of all correspondence from on-site managers to maintain the resident file to be in audit ready condition at any
- Provides historical reference by implementing and utilizing organized filing and retrieval
- Performs other related duties as
- Runs errands on request. (Must have driving record, license and insurance information on file with the HR office before driving personal or company vehicle for )
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. Two years of experience in a secretarial, administrative assistance or customer service position.
Language and Communication Skills: Must read, write, speak and understand English to deal effectively with the public. English usage for verbal and written communications must be at a very high level. Ability to communicate in a professional, pleasant, tactful way with the public and NWA staff.
Mathematical Skills: Basic arithmetic to perform simple accounting principles.
Reasoning and Judgment Abilities: Must be able to follow the directions of the supervisor and determine when to ask for help or guidance. Refers to manuals and regulations when needed.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Certifications: None required.
Equipment: Use of multi-line phone system, desktop computer, photocopier, facsimile machine and similar administrative equipment.
Other Skills or Abilities: Computer/keyboard skills to use Microsoft Office, Word and Excel. Must have sufficient computer skills to learn YARDI property management software. Ability to work independently in a stressful environment with constant interruptions. Ability to problem-solve. Ability to present a positive and professional
image to the public. Skill to handle multi-line phone with accuracy and ease. Ability to work independently without direct supervision. Ability to be punctual and reliable. Conflicts of Interest: The incumbent of this position must avoid conflicts of interest and the appearance of conflicts of interest with contractors of NWA and those who bid on contracts with NWA.
Confidentiality: This position requires the confidential handling of information, both internal to the organization and external materials submitted by clients and residents.
PREFERRED (but not required) QUALIFICATIONS: Prior experience in property management, or LIHTC or HUD regulatory compliance administration is preferred. Experience in YARDI software a plus.