Position Title: Office Coordinator
Supervisor: Director of Operations / Director of Housing
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Location: 2515 A Street, Anchorage, Alaska
Status: Full-Time Position
This position handles the day-to-day administrative tasks like facilitating phone and email communication to appropriate team members, greeting guests and customers, managing office and team member calendars and monitoring office supply inventory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet visitors, determine their needs and contact the appropriate department for visitor escort
- Maintains and manages the company’s lobby area, conference rooms, and common areas
- When on duty ensures the reception station is covered 100% of the time
- Operate a multi-line phone including answering all incoming calls in a prompt, polite, professional manner, and transfer calls to the appropriate person or department quickly.
- Screen and prioritize mail, email, voice mail and appointments using judgement. Assign, review, track and prepare correspondence
- Handles special administrative projects, including word processing, data entry and internet research tasks
- Record minutes at board meetings
- Create and maintain filing system which meets all regulatory and departmental requirements
- Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance
- Ability to politely and professionally take control of a call to efficiently collect information, especially from an emotional caller or crisis situations
- Must adhere to strict confidentiality / HIPAA Law requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven experience as office coordinator or in a similar role
- Punctual attendance is mandatory. Must be available to work full-time hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm
- Must adhere to strict confidentiality / HIPAA Law requirements
- Ability to obtain and type accurate messages and follow specific written instructions
- Ability to politely and professionally take control of a call to efficiently collect information, especially from an emotional caller or crisis situation
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and be proficient in the use of a Microsoft Windows-based computer with proficient typing skills, basic understanding and knowledge of multi-line telephone systems, fax, email, text (SMS), smartphone applications, and internet-based applications/forms
- Must quickly develop a working knowledge of NeighborWorks Alaska’s services, policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and guidelines for consistent and accurate call handling
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team and with a variety of personality types
- Demonstrated self-starter; exhibiting initiative, confidence, professionalism and maturity
- Ability to attend evening board meetings if requested
- Problem-solving and basic troubleshooting skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, ability to adjust focus, depth perception and peripheral vision. The employee must demonstrate strength and dexterity to operate common tools used in landscape maintenance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally high. The employee is exposed to a variety of conditions including: wet or humid, work near moving parts, work in precarious places, a variety of petroleum-based agents, some hazardous chemicals, and outdoor weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, insects, dust and vibration.
PREFERRED (but not required) QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s/College degree; BS/BA in business administration or relevant field is a plus
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. NeighborWorks may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems necessary.